13th May 2021, The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
With the accelerated reliance on technology and shifting customer expectations, insurance companies are continuously investing in claimstech to deliver an outstanding claims experience. This session will discuss strategies to service claims in more efficient and customer-focused ways.
- Overcoming challenges to remote work setup
- Leveraging technology to build resilience for future crises
- Identifying digital transformation priorities to support claims handling
Morning tea and refreshment break
PANEL: Strategies to advance and improve claims management
The claims process is fundamental to the success and sustainability of an insurance company. How can insurance companies re-examine process workflows to streamline and optimise processes to deliver an efficient and outstanding claims experience?
- Improving complex claims management to increase efficiency and minimise conflict
- Revisiting policy terms and detailing to minimise ambiguity
- Identifying opportunities for technology investment to support workflows
- Understanding the changing expectations of the customer
- Leveraging data to predict customer needs and minimise risks
Head of Claims, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
Head of Retail Claims, Zurich Financial Services Australia
Head of Enterprise Digital Transformation,
Case study: Improving claims processing efficiency and the user experience
There’s been a significant shift in customer expectations throughout the insurance lifecycle. How can insurers provide an efficient and seamless claims process for the modern consumer?
- Identifying which processes to update to enhance the user experience
- Collecting and analysing data to understand customer trends
- Designing a seamless user experience for mobile apps
Divisional CEO, Wilbur
Embedded home insurance and property data for claims
With the rise of mobile technology, improved data analysis, and increased weather-related property claims, property and casualty insurers are approaching coverage differently using embedded insurance.
- Increasing product offerings for the customer
- Creating a streamlined purchasing experience with embedded insurance
- Enhancing relationships with customers, mortgage companies, and realtors
Chief Executive Officer, Coverhero
PANEL: Identifying risks with claims automation
Claims automation can significantly alleviate administrative tasks however there is a growing concern over the potential risks involved. What are the risks associated with using automation and how can we develop frameworks to mitigate these risks?
- How do you address the reliability of third-party data?
- How do you justify the costs of implementation and determine ROI?
- Maintaining the human aspect and benefits of a human assessor in claims
Managing Director, Innovation Group
Chief Underwriting Officer, SLE Worldwide
Director, Underwriting and Claims Automation, Pacific Life Re
Managing Director, The Insurance Claims Service Centre
Afternoon tea and refreshment break
Case study: Leveraging data to drive transformation
Insurers are increasingly turning to data to gain insights on customer behaviour. How can data help insurers make informed decisions and increase efficiency especially during a crisis?
- Identifying potential risk or fraud during inspection
- Improving the settlement process through claims analysis and customer history
- Using data mining techniques to score, prioritise, and assign claims to adjusters
Case study: Using technology to enable remote service delivery
The sudden shift to remote work settings has impacted how we deliver claims processing and lead our people. What tools and programs can we use to support our leaders and their teams to enable superior service delivery?
- Tools, programs and leadership styles for a distributed workforce to continuously deliver excellent customer service
- Overcoming challenges in delivering customer service
- How remote claims processing can improve efficiency
- Collaborating with employees and customers to improve remote service delivery
Group Executive, Personal Injury | Chair, EmLife
Case study: Deploying drones to enhance claims processing
Drones can be incorporated throughout all the stages of the insurance lifecycle, particularly in claims to support claims processing. In this session, hear how [company] is implementing the use of drones to support assessments.
- Selection and integrating drones to existing processes
- Understanding current regulations for commercial drones
- Identifying potential risks in cyberattacks, system failures, and data security
- Looking ahead – future trends of drone deployment in insurance
Senior Product Manager, Noble Oak