13th May 2021, The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
Opening remarks from the chairperson
PANEL: Leveraging artificial intelligence (AI) and robotic process automation (RPA)
AI and RPA can help insurance businesses to streamline human-driven processes,
analyse documents, and structure data. This panel will share winning strategies for
successfully integrating AI and RPA to improve the insurance lifecycle.
- Identifying administrative tasks to prioritise during integration
- Common challenges to AI and RPA implementation
- Recognising and developing data sources for AI systems
- Utilising machine learning for data-driven insights
- Using AI and RPA to improve risk selection and assessment
- How to use AI to prepare for future crises
Chief Technology Officer, Blue Zebra Insurance
Chief Data, Analytics and Optimisation Officer, QBE
Co-Founder, Agile Underwriting Services
Session details TBC
Morning tea and refreshment break
With the rise of cloud computing to advance business strategies, more insurers are migrating their legacy applications to the cloud which can cause significant challenges and roadblocks. In this session, [speaker] will share key learnings in cloud adoption.
- How to select the right cloud solution based on business objectives
- Overcoming significant challenges during the roll-out phase
- How to ensure you remain compliant
- Identifying potential security risks
- How to build and support capability to adapt to changing technology
Chief Information Officer, Avant Mutual
One of the key components of a successful digital transformation is the people driving the change. What critical skills and capabilities do insurance professionals need to be able to facilitate and adopt digital transformation?
- Identifying business objectives to determine the required skillsets
- How to promote a cultural shift to adopt insurtech
- Attracting and retaining digital talent
- Improving the employee experience for a hybrid workforce
- Supporting employees with tools to deliver an efficient and reliable customer experience
- Continuous skill development through learning and development programs
- Developing KPIs to measure progress in building a digital workforce
Chief Operating Officer, Munich RE
Chief Information Officer, Allianz
Global CEO, Claim Central Consolidated
Machine learning technologies have the potential to transform industry processes yet applying them in practice is complex. This session will discuss:
- Practical examples of how to apply ML and AI within life insurance
- Improving underwriting processes using AI and ML
- Successes and challenges from the deployment of the WunderWriter tool
- Key principles for practical success
General Manager – Member Engagement and Innovation, TAL Australia
Consumer habits and expectations continue to experience a significant shift. How can insurance companies cater to an increasingly diverse and digitally-savvy customer?
- What is customer experience, customer service, and customer centricity?
- Identifying the connections between customer experience and employee experience
- Understanding how multigenerational customer profiles use technology
- Comparing the customer experience between corporations and direct consumers
- Technology advancements in insurance claims versus policies (e.g. Saas, Blockchain solutions)
Head of Client Engagement, AIG
Cyber attacks are increasingly on the rise and can lead to costly consequences without a solid defense system. In this session, Grae will share steps to strengthen cyber security defense and minimise cyber risk exposure.
- Updating risk management strategies to prevent cyber attacks
- Identifying which parts of the network are most vulnerable to cyber attacks
- Creating an informed and resilient culture of cyber risk management in the workplace
Chief Information Security Officer, Hollard Insurance
Improving data migration, analytics and reporting
InsurTech platforms currently collect an unprecedented amount of real-time data. How can insurers effectively analyse data to present new opportunities for cost reductions, a more streamlined claims process, and risk prevention?
- Identifying usage-based data points from telematics, Internet of Things (IoT) and other emerging technologies
- Integrating and merging data between teams
- Using data to understand customer needs and feedback on products and processes